Let’s list the things I’ve done from October 9th to today, November 9th, SHALL WE?
- packed up and moved from one place to another (that in and of itself is enough for any given month)
- started a new job
- dealt with a dog who IS NOT PLEASED ABOUT MOVING
- realized the dog was fine with moving – there’s just a critter living in the crawl space under the house he wants to get at.
- thrown a bridal shower
- printed programs and thank yous for a wedding
- had lots of phone calls with my family, who are going through HUGE things right now
- had a head cold
- was almost a bridesmaid in a wedding until I started vomitting at 3am the night before
- broke my toe
FOR THE LOVE OF PETE.
I’m ready to relax. But also need to: unpack, do laundry, clean my apartment, get my dog to the dog park to burn off energy, get a haircut and evict a critter from under my home.
Taking it one day at a time and being realistic with what I can get done with each day. And, more importantly, not caring if anyone is upset that I didn’t meet their expectations on any given day. I refuse to care about living up to expectations I was previously unaware existed or that I was informed of too late to realistically do anything about. Secret expectations are TERRIBLE. The sad part about them is that most of the time, the people who have them aren’t able to vocalize the expectations in advance because they’re unaware of it themselves. Can’t do nothing about that!